Back in 2012, a doctor named Howard LeWine wrote an article that was published on the Harvard Medical School blog.
It lists the top 10 reasons why people live to 100 and beyond.
Many people think it’s genetic (something you’re born with), but studies of super-centurions (people who live past age 110) reveals something surprising.
The DNA of people who have “exceptional longevity” is very similar to people who do not have long lives. Despite all the studies, there is very little evidence that people who live a long time are just lucky.
In fact, the article summarizes the 10 key things that are attributed to living longer.
Here are the top 10 ways (according to Harvard Medical School) to have exceptional longevity.
… and next to each of these we have placed a strong arm emoji () to show you the ones that Premia Fitness can help you with.
Source: Harvard Medical School
- Don’t smoke.
- Be physically active every day. (Premia Fitness gives you a new 30-minute high intensity, full body workout every day. You will get more out of 30 minutes with us than most workouts that take an hour.)
- Eat a healthy diet rich in whole grains, lean protein, vegetables, and fruits. (Premia Fitness has an online nutrition training program included with membership.)
- Be sure to get enough vitamin D and calcium.
- Maintain a healthy weight and body shape. (Premia Fitness workouts are full body for building lean muscle building, burning excess fat, and correcting posture — putting you in a body shape that is fit and visibly younger)
- Challenge your mind.
- Build a strong social network. (The culture at Premia Fitness is different. Coaches who care and members who become like family — a real community.)
- Protect your sight, hearing and general health by following preventive care guidelines.
- Floss, brush, and see a dentist regularly. Poor oral health may bring a higher risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Discuss with your doctor whether you need any medicine to help you stay healthy (to control high blood pressure, treat osteoporosis or lower cholesterol, for example.)
Premia Fitness can help you accomplish four of the top seven ways to live a longer and healthier life.
You are worth taking care of.
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/living-to-100-and-beyond-the-right-genes-plus-a-healthy-lifestyle-201201114092 (LeWine, Posted January 11, 2012, 10:33 AM)